Want more chocolate? No worries, we have still 3 recipes to discover! In the last two weeks I baked a lot to prepare this special week. That was a pleasure to bake and eat those pastries, but this week I feel frustrated: all those pictures, all the recipes, but nothing in my kitchen any more (I ate everything already…)!
Perhaps I will do this pie again this week end, as we have visitors.
Why this chocolate pie? because it is much more than a simple Tarte au Chocolat: it has a praliné dough and a Jasmine tea chocolate ganache. Yeah!!
The subtle jasmin flavour makes all the difference.
INGREDIENTS (serves 8 approx.):
For the dough:
1 pinch salt
50g hazelnut meal
150g soft butter
100g powder sugar
25g praline paste
For the dough (the day before):
1. Sift the flour onto your worktop. Make a well in the middle. Sprinkle around the edges of the well with a pinch of salt and hazelnut meal.
2. Put the soft butter, icing sugar and praline paste into the well.
3. With your fingers mix the praline paste and butter until you get a creamy mixture.
4. Bring the flour into the center little by little.
5. Gently rub until you form a sandy mixture.
6. Make another well in the middle.
7. Whisk an egg in a bowl. Pour it into the well.
8. Knead slowly until throughly blended. You should be careful not to over work the dough.
9. Make a ball, wrap the dough in cling film and set aside in the fridge until the next day.
For the filling:
1. Chop the chocolate
2. Bring the milk to a boil and pour it over the jasmine tea. let infuse during 3 minutes and strain it.
3. Bring it one more time to a boil and pour it on the chopped chocolate stirring gently with a whisk.
4. Add the soft butter little by little.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (360ºF).
2. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line your tart tin. Place into the tin, jab the bottom of the pie with a fork and place in the frigde during 30 minutes.
3. After that, bake the dough during 10 minutes.
4. Whisk the egg in a small bowl.
4. Remove the pie from the oven and paint it with the whisked egg.
5. Bake for 8 more minutes
6. Remove from the tin and let it cool on a cooling stand.
7. When it’s cool, pour the ganache over the pie.
8. Set aside in the frigde.