How are you?
As far as I am concerned, I’m fine and very enthusiastic: I have a surprise for next week. Be patient, you will know more about it tomorrow!
Today’s recipe is not an complete dessert, but an important component for the French pastry lovers: LA PÂTE DE PRALINÉ. You will need it for example to make a Paris-Brest, to serve with an ice cream, to include in a dough of a chocolate pie. Yes, it’s simply delicious combined with chocolate!
This is quite difficult to find, and a bit expensive (especially for those who don’t live in France..) so I decided to make my own “Praliné” and the fact is that is is very easy to make… and delicious! This is no more than a crush mixture of caramelized almonds and hazelnuts!
INSTRUCTIONS (see pictures below):
1. Roast the almonds and hazelnuts in a sauce pan.
2. Add the sugar and let caramelize.
3. stir until the caramel turns brown and coats the nuts.
4. Pour the caramelized mix over the baking sheet and let it become tepid.
5. break up the praline mixture and put the pieces in your food processor. Crush the mixture until obtaining a powder (le pralin) or even longer to obtain the paste (le praliné).