if you know how to make the traditional French Tarte Tatin, you will master this recipe finger in the nose! For those who don’t know, no worries because this recipe comes with a step by step collage too!
I will try do to more often this kind of collage to make it easier to repeat the recipe at home.
This sweet/salty tatin is a wonder! I used to serve it in Madrid in my pop-up restaurant (I have to tell you about this experience).
Let’s go with the recipe!
Have a very nice day!
INGREDIENTS (serves 6 tartelettes):
5 thyme blades
1 puff pastry
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC
2. Wash the zucchini and slice them in 1 cm thick.
2. On a pan, pour olive oil and a teaspoon butter. When it’s melted, add the zucchini. Cook at high heat
3. Add the honey and a thyme blade and let it cook at medium heat until caramelized.
4. Repeat until all the zucchini slices are caramelized.
5. Place the zucchini in the pie pan. Make sure all the surface is covered by zucchini. If it’s necessary, cut the zucchini to place them.
6. Cover the zucchini with the dough and make a hole with a knife to let the steam go out.
7. Bake for 20-25 min or until the dough turns gold.
8. Enjoy it warm or cold!